
So this past weekend Ryan and I traveled south to Louisville to visit our new little addition, my brother's first child, Ella. We ventured south on I65 jamming to 80's bands and enjoying the beautiful day. I managed to point out everything that I remembered from my childhood (since I grew up in southern Indiana there were a lot stories to tell) and reminisced to Ryan who very politely listened and asked questions. By the time we got to Louisville we were very anxious to lay eyes on the new baby, and congratulate my brother and sister in law. She is absolutely gorgeous! A head of hair and beautiful eyes and just...perfect. She is a combo of both Melanie and Aaron, and I can't wait to see how she transforms in the months and years to come.
We gave Mel and Aaron a break for a few hours to nap and feed Ella, so we decided to walk a few blocks over to Bardstown Road and do a little site seeing. We had a wonderful time just enjoying the day and people watching. We managed to find an adorable little frozen yogurt store, it was so cute, and the yogurt was DELICIOUS! We weren't to successful in finding any deals, but we did find the shop I was looking for. It's called Mama's Hip. An all natural organic store that promotes natural childbirth, breastfeeding and environmentally friendly child rearing. It's a great store and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in those criteria. ps....they have a website too http://www.mamas-hip.com/ After a long afternoon of cuddling with Ella and walking quite a distance we decided to drive about a half hour east and visit Ryan's family friend DJ. I wish I would of taken more pics. Their house was absolutely amazing. They live on 6 acres surrounded by rolling hills and big trees. When you step out onto their back wrap around porch (love wrap around porches!) you see a beautiful pool with rock fountain and behind that (so Kentucky) several horses grazing behind their house. We had a blast at there getting to see their house and chatting over grilled hamburgers. Not to mention I met my new best friend...a 165lb. Bernease Mountain dog, Barry. OMG he was so awesome....along with his friends. A 130lb Newfoundland, Junior, and two lil' guys Diego and Gizmo. Thanks DJ and Eric for a wonderful evening.




Oh, she is adorable!! And, as far as southern Indiana sights-- did you go to the Pamida??? :-) MISS YOU!
ReplyDelete